Important Update from the Montana Department of Transportation:
Construction crews will begin removing the Varney Bridge on Monday, May 20. Work to remove the existing bridge is expected to take several weeks. A temporary river closure is anticipated to take place on Thursday, May 23 as crews remove the west side of the bridge.
During the Bridge Removal:
- Boats are restricted to a 6-foot maximum height clearance at the Varney Bridge.
- Buoys in the river will direct boats through the construction zone.
- The river will be temporarily closed through the construction zone on Thursday, May 23 when the steel structure is removed.
- The Fishing Access Site on the east side of the river will remain open for boats to exit the river.
- Notification signage will be placed upstream and downstream of the bridge.
Please visit the construction camera here for up-to-date views of the Varney Bridge and information about closures and restrictions.